My Book Review: To Be Devoured


To Be Devoured

Author: Sara Tantlinger

Plot: What does carrion taste like? Andi has to know. The vultures circling outside her home taunt and invite her to come understand the secrets hiding in their banquet of decay. Fascination morphs into an obsessive need to know what the vultures know. Andi turns to Dr. Fawning, but even the therapist cannot help her comprehend the secrets she’s buried beneath anger-induced blackouts. Her girlfriend, Luna, tries to help Andi battle her inner darkness and infatuation with the vultures. However, the desire to taste dead flesh, to stitch together wings of her own and become one with the flock sends Andi down a twisted, unforgivable path.

My Review and Thoughts:

Wow. Just one big huge unbelievable, utterly fascinating hot dam of perfection.

What the hell did I just read.  Perfection is what I read. A disturbing twisted exploration of a mind screw laced with poetry in story form.

A graphic, intense monstrosity of imagination and bitter nightmares, yet so poetically gorgeous in its darkness and decay.

There are not words to fully describe or grasp this book. It literally devours you. It consumes you. It eats you alive from the inside out and the outside in.

This book absolutely blew me away. If poetry was to become horror, or if horror was to become poetry, then this is a prime example of that reality.

There are few books that have actually put me on the edge of my seat, that I've actually pushed and pulsated my emotions. I can name a few. I can name a handful of books that have actually created tension and a spiraling Insanity inside my emotions. I can happily say that To Be Devoured, is a new one that thoroughly gripped every ounce of sanity, and created it's own form of reality. A reality thick with originality and darkened prose.

My Rating: 5 out of 5

Four Final Words: Breathtaking, Raped by imagination..